About Onezumi and Harknell:
I’m Oni Hartstein.
I blog about my life (I <3 Haunted Attractions) here on OnezumiVerse. Welcome!
Oni has been professionally drawing comics and blogging since 2003. She is best known for her juxtapositional sense of humor that destroys people’s minds but somehow ends up being incredibly motivating.
After having been abandoned as a baby in Pittsburgh she worked her way through an enormous disadvantage and followed a bizarre DIY path that somehow included MMA fighting and college. She created her own quirky and forward-thinking brand online and then an entire event about it called Intervention to empower others to understand what hard work, a positive attitude and technology can do.
Her knowledge of both art and technology has helped her lead successful projects for many creative and technical companies while still finding time to do the occasional freelance illustration and a yearly Haunted House blogging tour.
She loves Heavy Metal, Disney World, and Haunted Houses. She lives in New Jersey where she is still pursuing her dreams.
If you’d like to pitch a collaborative project or need a blogger / illustrator you can email her from the top bar above. If you need a Project Manager to manage a digital project in NJ, NYC, or FL, check out her LinkedIn.
Would you like to interview Oni about the business and community she’s cultivated? Please direct inquires to Onezumi Hartstein at Onezumi@Onezumi.com.
Harknell is the quieter half of the Onezumi Studios team. He is best known for his production work on Onezumi Studios properties and websites, but he also supports the creative community through his WordPress Plugin development and workshops. As co-founder of Intervention, the creator-focused art and technology convention, he has been able to inspire countless people to take charge of their future through technology. Starting in 2013 he is co-writer of Stupid and Insane Defenders Against Chaos.
Harknell’s clients include universities, individuals, and places like Erfworld.com. He lives in New Jersey with Oni and way too many computers. He also goes to a lot of (but not enough) haunted houses.
Low Resolution Photos:
“[With Onezumi's websites] I’ve made friendships that will last a lifetime…the energy from the artists and fans on this site is something to behold…”
-Shadoboxxer, TheOneManRiot.com, Pennsylvania, USA
“[Has Onezumi's website] changed my life? Pretty damn close. It’s rare to find such a dedicated, close-knit community. I love it. It’s a place I can feel somewhat like I belong…It’s kinda nice like that.”
-Ranoa02, Biolyrics.com, Utah, USA
“Onezumi’s excellent tutorials are what originally brought me to the site, but the support and encouragement of her, Harknell, and the forum goers are what drove me to get back into my art…and for the first time really start to see where I could go with it. “
-Xyloart, Frankenshoe.com, New Jersey, USA
“Onezumi’s daily comments and strong tutorials have helped me gain confidence in myself as well as my art. It also reminds me that all artists are human and have [the same types of] problems that I face when producing work. It brings that cliche but brilliant message, “You are not alone”. Wicked.”
- Onezumi and her work on CNN.
- The Diplomat quotes Intervention founder Onezumi in their article about Cosplay Diplomacy.
- The Gazette writes: Intervention provides web comic artists with educational opportunities.
- Intervention founder Onezumi talks about the con and says, “I’m what you’d get if you put Salvador Dali and Beavis and Butthead in a blender with Kermit the Frog”
- Geeking Out About has posted an interview with Onezumi about the con.
- Comics Coast to Coast ep. 125 featured founders Onezumi and Harknell talking about Intervention.
- GeekDad talks about how you should Have an Intervention with Your Kids.
- Dueling Analogs writes about what a great and unique experience our event is.
- GeekMom podcast talks about Intervention!
- The Comic Dish interviews Onezumi and Harknell about Intervention
- Examiner – NJ Comic Creators build Intervention Con
- Geeking Out About: Comic Non Sans: Intervention
- Two Guys Talking Webcomics: TGT Webcomics Podcast – Episode 115
- Art & Story: Episode 145 – The Big Intervention
- Otaku USA Magazine: Friday ACE Episode 24
- Wired Magazine: name checks Interventon.
- ShrinkGeek: CEO-flavored insanity: An interview with Onezumi
- Charm City Current: Giving the Internet An INTERVENTION: A Q&A With Onezumi
- Man vs. Art: Episode 29
- Otaku Generation: Show #273
- The Power Geeks #65
- Wired Article
- Washington City Paper Interview with Onezumi about Intervention.
- Wired.com: Intervention Con: Replicating the Online Experience in a Con Click here to read the Interview.
- XM Satellite Radio: Onezumi and Harknell were recurring live guests of channel “Fred”. These segments aired live across the nation in 2003 and 2004.
- Otaku Generation: Show #75
- Sequential Tart: Read the interview here.
- The Star Ledger: Onezumi was featured in The Star Ledger due to her involvement with the convention scene.
- Access YouTube media featuring Onezumi and her work by clicking here.